Saturday, September 5, 2009

The Best Things in Life are Free


Little Italy
Originally uploaded by Little Gray Dog

Or, $5 at Quickly. I actually had some crafty things to share last week and I totally forgot to blog about one of my favorite pastimes...wandering around Chinatown.

E and I use to go much more frequently, but have been pretty busy this summer and haven't had much time to hang out in the city. Someone told me when I moved to New York that most of my time would be spent in the 10 block radius surrounding my apartment and I laughed at them. Well it turns out they were right. Most of the things you need (food, laundry, takeout etc.) are within a 10 block radius and as a result I don't explore as much as I did when I first moved here.

So here is proof that I do actually leave my house...
Grand Street

The corner of Grand street where the most wonderful fresh watermelon slush bubble teas are made at Quickly (no I don't work for them, but if my current unemployment streak continues perhaps I should put in an application, no?)

Quickly
The wax paper bag is filled with cream cakes. I usually buy them at quickly but decided to give the little stand beside Quickly a go. While waiting in line I asked E if I thought the health department inspected the vendor's stand, he shrugged. I'm not sure why I even bothered to ask given E had congee with preserved egg and pork, with a fresh raw egg mixed in for lunch. Frogs and snail and chicken feet were all on the menu, I had spring rolls and dumplings.

Progress on the boys' quilts will be posted soon


K-

No comments: