Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Halloween is Right Around the Corner

Scary to think isn't it? It's hard to believe that it's almost September already. Fall is my favorite season and even though I love the cool crisp weather, brightly colored changing leaves, and sheep and wool festivals, it's hard to think that the warm lazy days of summer are almost over.

So in the spirit of the upcoming fall...Halloween table runners


The orange, white and black moons and stars fabric is Halloween Night by RJR and the green and black fabric with Owls is Halloween's Party by Thimbleberries. I used a disappearing nine patch pattern I found here. The backing is a solid orange batik-ish cotton that I got for $2.49 a yard on sale. I bought a half yard of each fabric and have made three of these so far. This is the first one that is complete, the other two need to be quilted and bound. I quilted the first one using diagonal lines across the top with my walking foot.

K-

No comments: