Friday, August 28, 2009

I Heart Organization...


I heart organized Thread
Originally uploaded by Little Gray Dog

Organized thread is organization right? Here's a photo of my new thread holder, color coded of course, neutrals then brights. This is only half of my thread (the 100% cotton quilting), the rest is on the other side of the organizer. The best part is the little box snaps closed and has a handle so I can take it with me if I'm traveling somewhere to quilt and can't decide which color I want to use.

I also finished the quilting on Ziggy (unoriginal name for a zig zag quilt, I know). It's just basic shadowing of the pattern a quarter inch inside the brown zig zags. I used my walking foot and the whole process only took about 2 hours. This is the second quilt I've done using my new walking foot and I have to say the process is getting much quicker and much easier. My only complaint is I wish my machine had a setting that would automatically stop the needle in the down position. All those stops and starts and having to manually put the needle down was a huge pain in the butt. I also machine sewed on the front of the binding and have been hand sewing the back while watching TV. Photos to come tomorrow if the sun ever comes out. I'm afraid Hurricane Danny has ruined my hopes for a sunny beach weekend.

No comments: