Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Dreary Tuesday

What a gray day here in the Tri-State area. Even the little gray dog didn't want to go out for his morning walk. Since my sewing machine seems to have bitten the dust I've been spending my time looking at sewing machine reviews, checking craftster (for more projects I shouldn't begin before I finish all of my current projects), and uploading old photos to my new flickr page.

I recently finished making my first adult size pattern. It's view A from Simplicity 4589. Although there were a few bumps along the way (user inexperience), I found the pattern easy to make. I used a moss green linen/rayon blend that I got a Jo-Anns half off. I washed and dried the fabric before beginning and made a size 12 based on the envelope's bust recommendations. Unfortunately the top was much too wide, even for a chesty girl like myself. I ended up taking in about 3 inches total from both sizes of the top, but when I finally finished and tried it on it ended up looking like a maternity top.

Although I love the way it looks on the hanger and on my mother who ended up taking the top off my hands, I wouldn't recommend this top for anyone with a large chest and I would also encourage you to add a couple of inches to the bottom since it wears slightly shorter then I would prefer (but that's my personal preference). Overall an easy pattern that sews up quickly.

Off to walk my sleepy dog in the rain

K

No comments: